Experienced Lathe Operator- Borosilicate Glass
Essential job functions are performing glass lathe operations, hand bench work, material prep, setting up the required gauging equipment, interpreting and following specifications for each product per the related job package, and inspection operations as needed per drawing and/or prints based upon PEG’s QCIP’s and/or the customer’s criteria.
This position reports directly to the Lathe Unit Leader and/or the Production Manager.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret part drawings and/or prints
- Perform glass lathe operations
- Perform hand bench work operations
- Perform material prep (e.g. cut, wash, fire polish, acid dipping, etc.)
- Perform inspection to ensure accuracy of parts per print/drawing
- Employ gauging equipment related to the operation at hand
- Identify visual defects per PEG’s QCIP’s based upon CTQ (Critical to Quality) criteria
- Fill out work-related travelers, charts, and identification cards
- Familiar with specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the quality of parts and workflow
- Keep a clean and neat work area
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to read a work order traveler and prints
- Limited ability to read and understand all measuring devices related to the operation
- (micrometers, calipers, tape measure, ruler, dial indicator, etc.….)
- Possess mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Possess problem-solving ability
- Possess basic knowledge and understanding of gauges and calipers
- Ability to understand and record SPC data and then analyze the results that were calculated
- Ability to interpret and follow specifications for each product being made in accordance with the appropriate job package
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to perform the duties of the job
Education/ Experience Requirements
High School Diploma
No supervisory responsibilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, listen, and hear. The employee is frequently required to bend, squat, sit, stand, walk, push/ pull, handle objects (manual dexterity), and reach above shoulder level. The employee must have the ability to carry/ lift loads up to 25 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently around moving machinery, marked changes in temperature, humidity, dust, fumes, gases, and open flames.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply, Only full-time employees eligible
401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Disability insurance, Flexible schedule, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Professional development assistance, Referral program, Tuition reimbursement, Paid Holidays
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay